Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Often a simple mathematical error or forgetting to record a check can cause you to spend more than you have in your account. Trona Valley to the rescue!
As a courtesy to our valued members, we automatically protect your checks and automatic bill payments so you're never short on funds. We can also protect your everyday debit card charges and ATM transactions. Don't let your accounts go unprotected. Opt in for this service so you can relax knowing you're covered.
- Protect your credit
- Avoid bounced checks
- No maintenance fee
- Save on merchant NSF fees
- Avoid embarrassment
- Low $30 per-item charge
- Some restrictions may apply
To read more about our Courtesy Pay Policy, click the "More Information" tab above.
- More Information
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts with the standard overdraft practices for up to $300 below your available balance.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account, providing I meet the eligibility requirements?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Share drafts/checks, and other transactions made using your checking account
- Automatic bill payments
- ACH transactions
- Recurring debit items (such as gym membership fees)
Overdraft Privilege/Courtesy Pay: Overdraft Privilege is activated on accounts providing the requirements listed below are met:
1. The primary account holder is at least 19 years of age
2. The checking account is a Student Checking, Senior Checking, Non-Profit Checking, My Generation Checking, or My Choice Checking
3. The checking account must have been open for 180 days
4. No loans on account are over 15 days delinquent
5. No Bankruptcies or charged off shares or loans
6. $500.00 or more in deposits in last 60 days
7. The share cannot be negative greater than 14 days
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM Transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
What fees will I be charged if Trona Valley Community Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30.00 each time we pay and overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge your account.
You have the right to revoke or change your Courtesy Pay election at any time. The revocation must be provided in writing.
Disclaimer: Trona Valley Federal Credit Union's Courtesy Pay Program is a contractual privilege and is discretionary. It is not a obligation of Trona Valley, and we may refuse to provide the privilege on any checking account at any time, and from time to time. Further, we reserve the right to discontinue the program, make changes to the program, or change the eligibility of the program at any time without notice. Members do not have a contractual right to Courtesy Pay, and Courtesy Pay is not guaranteed by the existence of the program.